A couple weeks ago, I found a recipe on Pinterest for S'mores Popcorn. For those of you who don't know what Pinterest is, you should. It's brilliant. When you're done reading, and done drooling, be sure to check it out!
Anyway, if you know me, you know I have an undying love for ice cream, chocolate, and s'mores. Before I joined Pinterest, I had no idea how many s'mores recipes there were in the world. Now I just don't know how to make them all and still fit into my clothes!
The recipe is quite simple and is very well explained over at Nest of Posies, where I found the recipe. However, here's a quick rundown for you:
Ingredients:
- Half a box of Golden Grahams cereal
- Half a bag of miniature marshmallows
- A bag and a half of Orville Redenbacher Tender White popcorn
- A bag of chocolate chips, melted
Procedure:
Begin by popping your popcorn, one bag at a time. While it is popping, grab a large (and I mean large) mixing bowl and pour in your Golden Grahams and mini marshmallows. Once your popcorn is done, add it to the mix. Then, after mixing it up, pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet. I happen to have a fairly large cookie sheet, but if you don't, use two. You'll want to spread the mixture out as evenly as possible.
Now it's time to melt the chocolate chips. I find that using milk chocolate chips rather than semi-sweet baking chips is the way to go -- it's more like a s'more! Dump your bag of chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and pop it into the microwave for 30-60 seconds at half power. Do this several times, stirring in between. This ensures that you don't burn the chocolate. Once the chocolate is melted, your goal is to drizzle it over your popcorn mixture. The first time I made it, there were several clumps of chocolate. Since then, I have found the best way to "drizzle" is to scrape the melted chocolate into a Ziploc bag and clip a corner off. It may also be effective to use a liquid measuring cup to melt the chocolate, as it has a spout that would be conducive to drizzling. I haven't tried that though, so if you do, let me know how it goes!
Now you just wait. And wait. And wait. Until the chocolate finally solidifies and you can devour this tasty treat! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment