Monday, September 12, 2011

Back Home Again in Indiana!

Before delving into the details of our incredible weekend back home in Indiana, I have to share my achievement of the day! I spent this morning couponing and deal hunting before heading out to run errands. Errands were a complete success! I was able to slash $15 off our grocery bill, score a free drink of my choice at Starbucks, and acquire a full year subscription to Fitness magazine for $3.70. Woohoo!

Onto our weekend trip home to Indiana...we flew out Friday morning and arrived early evening in Indianapolis where Paul and Amanda hosted us for the evening. We watched The Lincoln Lawyer which, if you haven't already seen it, is a fabulous film and I highly recommend it for your next movie night!

We spent Saturday morning preparing for a trip down to Bloomington. The four of us and Mowgli piled into the car and headed down for a day of tailgating early afternoon and arrived to a cool and overcast Bloomington. However, the rain held off until late that night and we were able to spend a fun day visiting many of our friends and a handful of tailgates before heading into the stadium to watch the Hoosiers lose a very close game to Virginia. (I do have to apologize for not being able to see everyone this weekend - we'll catch you next time!) The game was fun, as usual, and we were even able to watch one of my former students rock his first collegiate game!

The BMS crew tailgating the IU game!  

Amanda, Paul, Mowgli, Brandon, and I at the tailgate!

Sunday flew by more quickly than we would have liked, but we were glad for a later flight so that we were able to enjoy the beautiful day in Bloomington. Brandon headed over to our friend Josh's to watch the Colts game (another loss for my favorite teams in the books....) while Jackie, Megan, and I strolled Kirkwood, enjoyed some Hartzell's (you knew it would happen!), and had a quick lunch at Upland. Megan was gracious enough to not only host us Saturday night, drive us to the airport Sunday, but also to pick up all our forgotten items around her house. Guess that means we'll have to go back to Indiana and visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment